Wednesday 8 January 2014

Progress

I received my ordered bearings today - all three flavours (608Z, F608Z and 6805Z), and the price was better than quoted verbally over the phone.  I bought too many, I think, the various BOMs and descriptions do not all agree.  I have enough, though.

With the printed parts still on back-order, I did a mock assembly of the drive shaft.  It needs the rod-mounted drive wheel in order to be tightened, but I'm excited so I am dry-running the assembly to make sure I have everything and understand the instructions.

The courier company also called to confirm that my package (RAMPS, timing belt and pulleys) will be delivered today.

A photo of the semi-assembled drive shaft alongside the PVC pipe ("the right stuff"), still uncut.



Now I need to figure out how to squarely and accurately cut the PVC pipe to length.  My pipe cutter (used for the copper pipe) is only up to 30mm diameter.  A hacksaw and mitre box seems a bit inaccurate.  I will probably just use that and finish the ends with sand paper, otherwise my tools is going to end up costing me more than the Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment