Tuesday 21 January 2014

Last few vitamins

Yesterday, on my regular office Monday in Johannesburg, I ALMOST succumbed to the temptation of picking up the last vitamins for my Morgan build at RS Components.  I need Kapton tape and a bed thermistor.  Prices at RS:  Kapton tape (25mm wide) ZAR470, EPCOS thermistor ZAR50.

Luckily my Monday was exceptionally busy and I only got out of the office late.  Today I ordered the items from ebay (shipping included - I learnt my lesson on the stepper motors).  Kapton tape (50mm wide) ZAR70, 10x thermistors ZAR100.  The thermistors are not EPCOS as far as I can see, but I compared the data sheets and the error should be no more than about 5 degrees on 110 degrees as is.

I intend covering the heated build plate with Kapton tape.  As far as I can see that is the easiest way to ensure adhesion of both PLA and ABS - apparently a glass bed does not do well on both plastics.  50mm wide tape will make lining easier.  There was a roll 200mm wide for ZAR230, but I decided against that.  It WOULD make for a nice uniform platform surface though...


No comments:

Post a Comment