Thursday 9 January 2014

And still they come...

After posting earlier, feeling satisfied with the stuff I received today, I had another phone call from a courier company - the first of the stepper motors (the 400 steps per revolution ones) were here! 

This evening I cut the PVC pipe to length (using the pipe cutter - the hacksaw and mitre box did not look square to my eye).  I also cut a cork sheet (bought as gasket material for my old Land Rover) to size to insulate the bottom of the heated bed from the universal build plate, and screwed that bit together (finger tight).

And I've started measuring out the build platform.  At the moment it is a piece of MDF (chipboard) I have in the garage, but a friend who is into woodworking promised to make me a beautiful platform - with routed edges and all.  But that will come later.

Pretty soon I'm going to start itching for the printed parts - but I know there is a delay.  The rest of the stuff is happening quicker than I thought.  As far as I can see, I need very little further parts - the end-stops, the PTFE tubing, the idler spring, Kapton tape, and filament.  The rest is here or on its way...

No comments:

Post a Comment