Thursday 9 January 2014

Fast and Furious

Today was a good day.  I managed to find the 8mm Alpen SDS masonry drill bit in the long (450mm) length at our local Timber City branch.  And even cheaper than the shorter ones I saw in other hardware stores.

Two parcels were waiting at the post office, and I also received the couriered Micro Robotics package (RAMPS board, timing belt and pulleys).  The two parcels at the post office contained the LM8UU linear bearings in one, and the OpenHardware universal plate and heated bed in the other.

While out, I also ran into our steel merchant for smooth rods, they referred me to a manufacturer of stainless steel products across the road, and the proprietor cut me two 440mm lengths while I waited.  Around the corner was a glass place where I had a 200mm x 200mm piece of 3mm plate glass cut.

Finally, last night I ordered a pack of 5 Pololu stepper driver boards off ebay - free shipping so even with the VAT and customs fee we have to pay at the post office it is still an excellent deal.

And just for readers who are not familiar with what I'm trying to achieve, here is a picture (shamelessly lifted off the net):


No comments:

Post a Comment