Tuesday 18 February 2014

Wiring

Most of last night was spent wiring up the electronics.  I have decided to mount the Arduino Mega/RAMPS on stand-offs (I had some), and terminate all wiring into terminal blocks below the electronics.  Short wires from the terminal blocks directly soldered to the RAMPS pins will complete the wiring (I cannot source nice 4way plugs locally).

There are, by my count, at least 35 wires from the RAMPS board to the printer.  Four wires each for four stepper motors (16 wires), two heating elements (four wires), two thermistors (four wires), two for the bed fan, and three each for three Hall effect end-stops.

I still have to mount and wire the end-stops (the magnets are mounted already but I had to drill out the holes to 6mm, as that is the size of the magnets I had around).

Wiring and positioning of RAMPS board:




Morgan progress at this point:


The extruder is still completely absent, as I do not have all the vitamins to complete that yet.  I need small bearings (624), the brass drive gear, and more PTFE tubing.  The wiring to the mount point for the stepper motor is in place, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment