Sunday 16 February 2014

Frame pipes

Next up, the pipes for the frame.  These have been cut to length already, so I only needed to fit the printed end caps.

The ported end caps go on the long pipes, and they are mounted at the front (on the bottom of the frame).  I started by drilling the holes out to 4mm, and pulling the M4 nuts into the captive holes from outside (leaving the bolt in for the moment).

The end cap surfaces need to be parallel, so the ports point in opposite directions.  I aligned these by eye and fastened the caps with a liberal helping of PVC Weld.  To get the end caps in more easily, I beveled the inside of the PVC pipe with a Stanley knife.  This worked well.

The only thing I forgot was a piece of string through the long pipes to pull the wiring through.  This should not be too difficult to get through, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment