Sunday 23 February 2014

New extruder

I spent a good afternoon/evening with Quentin at House4Hack yesterday.  I also met Schalk, which, I'm told, means I am now a member of H4H!

We fitted a new extruder, and started printing the calibration phantom.  About halfway through the small extruder gear stripped, and I spent the rest of the evening learning about calibration of the Morgan.  I will dedicate at least one post to that.

Quentin's small extruder gears printed badly (probably due to calibration) and I took another gear home.  This morning I confirmed calibration again (after driving with the printer) and printed a small gear:




After that, I started printing the tree frog (in low resolution), unfortunately the small gear started slipping around the stepper shaft halfway through the print.  I then fitted the blue extruder gear and printed another THREE gears, and then tried the frog again.

The frog does not want to be printed.  The filament jammed horribly underneath the extruder (I do not have a filament spool holder yet), and the frog ended up without a head.  But the extruder works like a bomb!



I

No comments:

Post a Comment