Monday 24 February 2014

Calibration prints

On my treefrog print it was fairly obvious that I am extruding too much filament, as it was oozing a bit at the ends, like on top of the feet and eyes.  Trying some larger prints this afternoon showed this to likely be accurate, as the extruder would jam ( carve a hollow in the filament and then get stuck).

I started printing the thin wall square from the "Essential Calibration Set" on Thingiverse, and progressively lowered the extruder multiplier (in the Slic3r filament config file).  Coming down in steps of .05 (5%), it seems that 0.80 is a good multiplier for a diameter of 1.75 (on my Filament Factory ABS filament).

The side wall is thin,the print is much lighter (weighed on my digital reloading scale), and it just looks and feels better, whilst still retaining good strength. I will continue calibration with the other shapes in the set to get my frog as good as Quentins!

No comments:

Post a Comment