Tuesday 11 March 2014

Reinforcements

It seems as if the damage from the recent disaster includes the Arduino Mega, three of my old (4988) stepper driver boards, and possibly one of my laptop USB ports. I picked up a replacement Mega from Micro Robotics on Monday, and spent another long night sorting out the printer. The 8255 stepper drivers are OK, the originals NOT. I THINK what happened is that I replaced the originals with the better ones, which was not properly adjusted for current. When I replaced the originals, I must have inserted them incorrectly (the 4988 and 8825 boards have their pots on opposite ends of the board so they look different when installed). Anyways, a slightly expensive exercise. As I have at least two friends who are considering building (or having me build) Morgans, I have ordered a lot of vitamins of e-bay, in packs of 5 or 10. I will therefore have a lot of surplus (stepper motors, RAMPS boards, controllers, stepper drivers and more). I am considering starting a "web surplus store" to recover some of my expenses (and have the advantage of bulk pricing). But first, I'm calibrating for PLA...

No comments:

Post a Comment