Thursday 3 April 2014

Manual bed levelling

At this point in time, to preserve my sanity, I have decided to call it quits with automatic bed levelling.  It simply does not work for me.  I can SEE the Morgan dropping the bed at certain points (X, Y points) in the print, completely stuffing up the first (and to a lesser extent subsequent) layers.  Only some spots in the print, and repeatably.

I have converted Morgan 1 to have four spring-loaded screws on the four corners of the heated bed, simplifying manual levelling.  Previously it was supported on three screws, but manual levelling becomes much more difficult this way.

Manually levelling the bed is a bit of a mission, but the prints look so much better.

Previously I calibrated 3 X and 3 Y points for auto bed levelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment